IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I keep gettng this message when using microsoft office professional

I keep gettng this message when using microsoft office professional 2010 cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the office program by using control panel

Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

Could you tell me if you have bought Microsoft Office 2010 or are you on a free trial period?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I puchased the microsoft professional online i paid $409 USD

I see.

To solve the problem, you will need to re-enter Microsoft Office Professional 2010 product key. To do that, exit all open Microsoft Office 2010 products and go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program (Programs and Features).

On the list of installed programs, locate Microsoft Office Professional 2010. Press right click on it and select Change. A new window will open where you need to select Enter a Product Key option so that you can re-enter the product key. Once you have done so, close the window and start any Microsoft Office Professional 2010 product, such as Word to see if that helped.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried all that i still are unable to access all the microsoft applications there is something else wrong noone seems to be bale to help me.

Hi again!

Here are 2 options you can use to re-activate Microsoft Office Professional 2010:

#1. Using System Restore
If the problem with activation occurred only few days ago, you can restore your computer state to a date when all worked fine. Use these instructions:

1. Click Start and type system restore into search box and press Enter
2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to either select Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point
3. Select Choose a different restore point and press Next
4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)
5. Select a date when you know your computer worked fine
6. To confirm, press Next and then Finish
7. Your computer will now restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.

#2. Delete Office activation files and force Office for re-activation
Since the problem could be in files that store activation information, you can delete them and re-activate Office again. Here is how it is done:

1. Close all Microsoft Office products
2. Click Start and type services.msc into search box and press Enter
3. Services window will open and then scroll down to find service called Office Software Protection Platform
4. Double-click on its name and click Stop
5. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform folder and rename tokens.dat file to a different name, for example: tokens.dat-backup
6. Open the Cache folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\Cache) and rename cache.dat file as well, for example to cache.dat-backup

If you don't see C:\ProgramData and other folders, you will need to un-hide hidden files and folders by clicking Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options. When a new window opens, click on the View tab and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Then confirm by pressing OK.

7. Once you have renamed those 2 files, restart your computer
8. After it restarts, open any Microsoft Office product, for example Word. At that point, you should be asked to type the product key so proceed with that
9. By doing so, your Microsoft Office Professional 2010 should work fine with no activation problems. In case you are asked to activate the product on-line again, do so

I hope it helps.