Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am running a Mac with Microsoft Office 2008. I have a database

problem with Entourage and need...
I am running a Mac with Microsoft Office 2008. I have a database problem with Entourage and need to reinstall this program. Since my computer came with the software pre installed, I do not have original discs. Can anyone help how I can reinstall this? Online Help wants me to purchase Office 2011. Many thanks for you assistance.
10/1/2012
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Jason :

Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Jason :

Do you need help with Office 2008 or with Entourage?

Customer:

THe problem seems to be with Entourage.

Jason :

Thank you for the update.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Jason :

Once I am remoted in, I will be able to locate the culprit in your case and fix the problem.

Jason :

There will not be any extra charge for the remote service.

Customer:

OK

Jason :

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=d3b5308c-1274-4f85-8c80-93aaff912158&SUPPORT=NET

Jason :

After the remote app is downloaded, you must run it by double clicking it in the downloads window.

Jason :

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Jason :

Please, do not forget to click the Happy face on the bottom of this page and click Submit, if you are satisfied.

Please, bookmark the following page if you ever want to work with me directly. Any new questions posted at the following page will be sent directly to me: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you,
- Jason

Jason :

You can rate me below.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Jason, thank you for your time last night (Australia) I understood that my database problem had been repaired. There was a font problem you were investigating when I had to close our connection.

I was happy when you told me the database problem was fixed. I decided I could live with the font display problem.

When logging on this morning, Entourage fell over again. I ran Microsoft Disk Utility "Verify database integrity" and received the

following report:

====================== Starting Scan ==================== ERROR: Corruption detected on index [MLRC:1] ====================== Scan Ended ====================

Does this error message mean anything to you?

I would be happy to reinstall Entourage, but as this came pre-installed on the Mac, I do not know where to get a copy. The database error prevents me from getting the software update.

What are your suggestions re database corruption or re-install?

The corruption is not fixable.

You will have to reinstall Entourage.

You can download Entourage at the following page: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24161

I have given this a try and seem to be going around in circles going nowhere. The installer does not recognize that I have an existing compatible version of Entourage. Have again attempted installation from the command line:

john-and-bevs-imac-2:~ johnbev$ sudo installer -pkg /Volumes/Entourage\ 2008,\ Web\ Services\ Edition/Entourage\ 2008,\ Web\ Services\ Edition.mpkg -target /
installer: Cannot install on volume / because it is disabled.
installer: A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

To learn how to fix this issue, see "I can't install Office 2008 for Mac updates" at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Sorry about that.

Is there anyway for you to contact the company you purchased this Mac from and request a copy of the Office 2008 installation CDs?
Jason Jones, Computer Technician