Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

click2run64

click2run64
9/8/2012
Daniel, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

What program are you trying to uninstall?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan

Ok started with Windows Office 2007.

Do you have Microsoft Office 2007 installed on your computer right now?

Also can you tell what operating system you are running?

Are you trying to install or uninstall Office 2007?

What is the issue that you are having here?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan

It had 2007 starter editiion. Ok started with Windows Office 2007. It was the starter edition. I was trying to use a template and it wouldnt work.

I have pro11.msi and product key. So I unistalled the starter edition. Unistalled the click to run and got a Q drive.

The pro11 kept saying that it was corrupted.

I tried downloading the trial edition of 2010 but won't let me install.

I need the click2run app to work and It won;t let me uninstall or repair or reinsstall.

The office 2007 is uninstalled but the click 2 run is still in programs, but it wont let me uninstall or repair. Windows 7

Trying to get the click 2 run to work.

Response From Expert

What happens when you click on the website http://tinyurl.com/277xy3a? Does it give any error message? Does it have the option to allow? Thanks.

Read more: I accidently deleted click2run64.msi - Now I cant open any - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/5xifm-accidently-deleted-click2run64-msi-can-t-open.html#ixzz25ut7HBia

I tried this but it says that it already has another version running, to uninstall and reinstall but it wont let me uninstall or repair. And it wont let me download the free trial version either.

Alright lets try to use the Microsoft Uninstall feature.

Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.

CLICK HERE

If this does not uninstall the Click 2 Run, let me know.

If it does then

Please don't forget to rate my answer with one of the top three ratings, as this is the only way that I receive credit for my time and the answer I have provided. If this did not work or you have any further questions, Please Reply, Don't Rate if you are not Satisfied.

Thank You, Dan

Click 2 Run 2010 the 2007 I already had unistalled. I am being charged for the the fix it?

I need the click 2 run to uninstall or be repaired. So that I can download a new version. Or reinstall the starter 2007 office. I am trying to get to templates for excel but I keep getting click 2 run misconfiguration error. And when I try to download trial version says to uninstall another version is already running. Sorry starter 2010. It had starter 2010 I was trying to replace with 2007, got corrupt error with that. Got the 2010 office uninstalled. Still have Click 2 Run 2010 in programs but won't uninstall cannot repair, keep getting configuration error.

Try and let me know. You were not charged for the Fix it

1.) Create an alternate User Account on the computer. 2.) Restart the computer and Login to the new user account. 3.) Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"
4.) Click on Word or Excel 5.) The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server. 6.) Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.) 7.) "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT 8.) Click one of the Microsoft Office Starter programs and hopefully it will start working.

Do this and let me know.

Thank You, Dan

I did as you said but all I received was pop up saying Click 2 Run Configuration failure.

Where you able to uninstall Click 2 Run?

Do you still have Microsoft Word 2007 installed on your computer?

I wasnt able to install the 2007 said that it was corrupt. The link for the office starter 2010 is there but get same error click 2 run configuration failure. I still have the Q drive also from me trying to uninstall the click 2 run. But apparently I need the click 2 run, but it won't uninstall or repair. cannot use detect and repair because of pop up. application won''t open

I never received the information about what operating system that you are running?

Ok from the beginning, I was trying to download a template, said that I need to upgrade to use. Originally had office starter edition 2010, uninstalled the starter edition to install 2007 but received error that it was corrupted by this time I had tried to uninstall the click 2 run 2010. Which created the Q drive which is protected. Now I recieve error that another version is installed and to uninstall and reinstall Click 2 Run or repair. Or I recieive Click 2 Run configuration error. When I try to uninstall it it begins to uninstall than stops and goes backward.

I need to know what operating system your computer is running

Windows xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7?

windows7

Lets try this:

To perform a Maintenance Mode repair, follow these steps:
  1. Quit all Office programs.
  2. click Start, and then type add remove.
  3. Open Add or Remove Programs.
  4. Click Change or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office Word), or the version of Office or Word that you have in the Currently installed programs list, and then click Change.
  5. Click Repair or Repair Word (Repair Office), and then click Continue or Next
Do this and let me know what happens

Thank You, Dan

Sorry, I got locked out. There is no office in the programs to detect and repair. The click to run program is there.

Can you into add or remove programs from control panel and click change and click repair on Click 2 run?

I can click on it to remove it. It begins to remove than stops and goes backward. There is no repair option on the click 2 run

Preform a Clean Boot

Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration utility.
graphic
On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
graphic
On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
graphic
Click OK, and then click Restart

Then you are going to run Micorsoft Fix it to uninstall Microsoft 2010. CLICK HERE to do that.

Let me know.
Daniel, Computer Support Specialist

Do you have Microsoft 2007 or 2010 installed on the computer?

no neither one is installed

Go to this site and Click on the Green Run Now Button.

Let me know what happens

no url or hyperlink

You have been a great help. I have been trying to get that uninstalled or repaired for quite sometime. Now that I have it successfully uninstalled can you help me reinstall it so that I can use it to open the documents that were created in the office 2010?

So you have been successful in Uninstalling Click 2 Run?

So you want to install Microsoft 2010?

Yes the program is installed now the Q drive is back. I was able to reinstall it with the tiny url but now the documents wont open again.

What do the documents say when you try to open them?

As I just typed, I have decided that I am very happy with your assistance. I reunistalled the click 2 run. The documents witll atleast open now in wordpad, not the best but for now it will work. Thank you very much. You have been very patient.

Daniel, Computer Support Specialist