Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

The "spell check" function in word is not funconing

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/6/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast replied 5 years ago
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast

Ryan B. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Ryan and I would like to assist you.

Ryan B. :

Could you please tell me what version of word is it? 03, 07, 10?

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Microsoft Office 2010

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Ryan ... I am waiting on solution ... Peter

Ryan B. :

Sorry, I just got the notification that you replied, I was working on another answer. I'm all yours now :)

Ryan B. :

Has your spell check ever worked?

Ryan B. :

Please start by trying this:

In Word 2010, go to the Review tab. Click on Language >Set Proofing Language then uncheck the "do not check spelling or grammar"

Ryan B. :

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. A positive rating is how I get credit for helping you. IF you feel the need to rate bad or poor service, please stop and click on the REPLY tab and reply with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thanks,
Ryan B.

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

G'day Ryan I'm not smart with computers (75 yrs old) anyway this is the problem in detail:

I was writing a document (a book) and wanted to insert some "Welsh" sentances.

I got the transilation from google; copied and pasted it into the doc.

Since then I have "lost" the spell-check function. It does not "red underscore" a misspelt word.

I have also lost access to Theoserus (???) you know what I mean.

What can I do to fix it. I have tried all the "Help" options etc.

Regds ... Peter

Ryan B. :

Please start by trying this:

9:13 PM

Thanks,
Ryan B.

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Shall I try this now?

Ryan B. :

yes please. Here is a good guide that you can follow that includes pictures:

http://www.mockbox.net/office-2010/309-word-2010-spell-check-not-working

Thanks,
Ryan B.

Ryan B. :

Is that working?

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Back again ... I'm about to try the web site solution ... How can I save this website solution

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Regretably NO

Ryan B. :

Did you go through all the steps in the website, or is that what you are about to try now?

Ryan B. :

To save the website just open it up and then save it as if you would a normal bookmark/favorite

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Went through steps twice and it did not work.

If I give you acess to my computer can you fix it. You will also be able to look at the doc where I am having the problem ????

Ryan B. :

no, unfortunately only a select few testers have remote access right now and i'm not one of them. I can opt-out though and see if one of them are available for you.

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

I've gone for a cup of tea. Trust OK

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Are you there?

Ryan B. :

i'm sorry, i've opt-out and forwarded your question to another expert as i'm out of ideas. As you stated it may be best if someone can remotely access your computer and unfortunately I don't have that ability. Another tech does though

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Thanks mate. Can he ring as well? That may be easier 08 8351 9516

Ryan B. :

nope unfortunately for security reasons we don't do phone support at this time

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

OK will hang on

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Any progress with the other person?

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

Look friends its almost an hour I've been waiting and NO solution. I'll try again on this site at about 1500 hrs.

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

G'DAY

HAVE YOU FOUND THE EXPERT THAT CAN FIX THE PROBLEM AND/OR SOMEONE AUTHORISED TO CARRY OUT "REMOTE ACESS" TO FIX IT?

PLEASE RESPOND ... URGENT.

PETER.

JACUSTOMER-ll9k6pdw- :

G'day again ... Its almost 3.30pm local Adelaide time and still no answer. Sorry; but I must interperet that you dont have the expertiese at the moment to fix it. Trust i have not been charged the AU$46.00

Microsoft Office Technician: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Lindie-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast