NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

how to embed a skydrive excel spreadsheet into blog

I'm trying to embed a skydrive excel spreadsheet/workbook into my blog, but it's not working. Help!

Thank you!

I have followed the instructions in skydrive, which tells you how to embed a document. After I copy the html into the blog, it does not show up on the blog.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

In SkyDrive, right-click the workbook and then click Embed.

NewITZone :

Click Generate, and then click Customize how this embedded workbook will appear to others.

NewITZone :

In the What to show box, click what you want to show in your blog. Show the entire workbook, or show a chart, a named range, PivotTable, or table. For information about named ranges and named items in Excel workbooks see Define and use names in formulas.

NewITZone :

In the Appearance section, check the boxes for the options you want.

NewITZone :

In the Interaction section, choose how you want to allow people to interact with the workbook. If you allow sorting and filtering, your blog readers will be able to sort, filter, and expand or collapse the tables or Pivot Tables in the workbook. If you allow typing, changes people make in the cells in your blog will not be saved in the original workbook. For example, if you embed a mortgage calculator, you might want to enable typing so that people can fill out the loan term, loan amount, and other variables.

If you want to specify a cell to be selected when the blog page opens, select the Always start with this cell selected check box, and then click the cell you want in the preview.

In the Dimensions section, type a width and height for the viewer, in pixels. To see how the viewer will look at the dimensions you’ve specified, click View actual size, at the top of the preview.

Note You can specify a minimum of 200 by 100 pixels and a maximum of 640 by 655 pixels. If you want to use dimensions outside those limits, you can change the code after you paste it into your blog. For more information, see, “Change the size of the frame” in Customize how your Excel workbook is embedded.

NewITZone :

When you are satisfied with the preview, click Copy (If your browser prompts you to allow access to your Clipboard click Allow access).

NewITZone :

Full Size Image

NewITZone :

Now, in your blog editor, begin writing your post. When you want to embed the workbook, switch to HTML editing and press Ctrl+V to paste the embed code.

NewITZone :

Tip Your blog editor might have a trick for switching to HTML editing. In general, use the long route for getting to the text editor. For example, in TypePad, go to Blogs, click the name of your blog, and then click Compose. In WordPress, go to your blog’s dashboard and click Posts > Add New. Also in WordPress, don’t worry that the embed code is an iframe. Ordinarily WordPress doesn’t allow iframes in posts, but they make an exception for iframes that host Office Web Apps.

NewITZone :

Source: mocrosoft

NewITZone :

Please follow the procedure.

NewITZone :

Any more question please let me know.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.

I change this question as Q&A mode. Because of technical problem you can't enter on the chat session. or you can't see the answer. I am sending you the answer again. Please follow this steps. You will successfull.

Source: mocrosoft

Please follow the procedure.

Any more question please let me know.

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you. Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.