Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have installed my copy of 2007 Microsoft Small Business on

my new computer, entered the...
I have installed my copy of 2007 Microsoft Small Business on my new computer, entered the product key, been using a valuable word document for a couple months, and now the hyperlinks are prevented from running. Ran Microsoft diagnostics which found no problems. This happend in the last two days.
9/3/2012
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

There are several reason for the problem.

Customer:

I have also encountered the same error message from each hyperlink in all my other word documents.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

At first open a word document.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I have one open

NewITZone :

Then click on Office Button-->Word Options-->Proofing-->Auto Correct Options-->Auto format as you type

NewITZone :

Please check the box internet and network path with hyperlinks.

NewITZone :

If it is already checked please click on auto format and check the box internet and network path with hyperlinks.

NewITZone :

Now try to make a hyperlink to see is it working or not.

Customer:

I will check ok on that tab and see. Note: my most important links are not to the internet but to other documents in the same folder (also word docs)

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please click and check.

NewITZone :

Did you move them?

Customer:

Still get the error message the operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

Customer:

Did not move them. I know that would change file path.

NewITZone :

Please follow another procedure.

Customer:

ok

NewITZone :

I am apologize. I just want to ensure.

Click on the Office button
Select Word options
Select Advanced
Scroll down and in the section “show document content” uncheck “show field codes instead of their values”
Click OK

Note: the box “show field codes instead of their values” was already unchecked in my computer, so I just had to click on OK.

Customer:

Show field coes instead of their values was already unchecked.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please try to open a hyperlink using ctrl + click. If the same problem occurred

let me know.

Customer:

The old laptop in which Office 2007 was installed on was a Vista OS. This is a desktop and has Windows 7 OS.

NewITZone :

Ok.

Customer:

Doesn't work. I tried yesterday to check the option to open links by "control click" and received same error message.

NewITZone :

Would you please tell me the exact error code?

Customer:

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system Administrator."

NewITZone :

One more question did you transfer the file from the old laptop to the new one?

Customer:

No. I had backed up the system online and recovered it from IDrive. When I first installed it, the links did not like their place in the root directory so I had to change each of the several hundred links one at a time to make them work. They have worked perfectly until a couple days ago.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Are you using the administrator account?

Customer:

Yes

NewITZone :

ok.

Customer:

May I try an experiment? I will install a new hyperlink to a place in the existing doc and see if the error message persists.

NewITZone :

Yes. I told you to create a hyperlink in an new word document.

Customer:

OK. Just created one in existing doc and result is same. Now I will do for a new doc.

NewITZone :

Ok try to create hyperlinks in a new document. IF the problem exist---

Please click on the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049

Customer:

Same result in new doc also.

Customer:

Going to link you posted

NewITZone :

Yes.

Customer:

Ahhh...your link was to a fix for Outlook, I clicked the "fix it" button, it processed, and now my doc works!!!! Thank you so very much.

NewITZone :

Happy to hear you from

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you.

NewITZone :

Bonus will be appreciable.

Customer:

Links in the other less important word docks all work now. Checking Excellent Service. Thanks again. I really needed this doc to function!!!

NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast