Erik B.
Erik B., Consultant
Experience:  Well versed in several editions of Microsoft Office.
18224842

I uninstalled the most recent office update for Outlook named

I uninstalled the most recent office update for Outlook named Microsoft Office Outlook Connector in error and now Outlook will not open. I get an error message that the program cannot locate a dll file msncon.dll. How do I fix this problem and get Outlook back?
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with this question.

Let's try reinstalling the Outlook Connector. Please do this:

1. CLICK HERE to visit the download page for the connector.
  2. Click on the Download button.
  3. Choose the Save the download, then run it when the download completes.
  4. Go through the brief installation wizard (let me know if it asks you for anything you don't know the answer to).
  5. Once the installation completes, open Outlook. It should now open correctly.

Let me know if Outlook doesn't open or if you run into any trouble with the steps above by clicking on Reply to Expert. I will be here. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Erik - the Outlook Connector is repaired. Thank you. I have found another problem. I checked my email on Outlook and found your email reply to my question. When clicking on your link to 'View Your Answer' I receive the error message 'Operation concelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact system administrator. I get this same message when trying to access any link included in an email. This is a new error message. I am the window admin. How to I fix this restriction.

Good question! This is actually a known issue and Microsoft has released a fix for it.

1. Make sure Outlook is closed.
  2. Please CLICK HERE to visit the Microsoft Fix It page for this error.
  3. Once there, please click the Fix It button on that page.
  4. Choose to Run the Fix It program.
  5. Go through the short wizard and when it is finished please open Outlook and try hyperlinks again.

Please let me know if this doesn't correct your issue. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Erik - Good job. Thank you so much

Happy to help! Thanks again for your business and enjoy the rest of your weekend!