Then we need to delete the plist files next, aand also the normal.dot file.
Lets start here.
Click on "Go" in finder
- Select Home
- Select Library
(NOTE: If you are using the Lion Operating System the Library folder may be hidden. If you do not see the Library folder here, hold down your option on the Keyboard and Click on Go in the Finder Menubar, you should then see the Library folder)
- Open the Application Support folder
- Open the Microsoft Folder
- Open the Office Folder and the User Templates
- In here you should see a Normal.dotm file. Drag this file to the Trash and restart the Mac.
- Open Word, create a test document and save it to create the new Normal.dotm file.
Also check in the Word preferences to see if the 'Prompt to save Normal template is checkmarked. To do this:
- Open Word
- Click on Word in the Menubar
- Select Preferences
- Select Save
- If the 'Prompt to save Normal template' is checkmarked, uncheck it and click on OK.
Once normal dot has been trashed, try to start word again..
You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.
Log into JustAnswer.com, then on the Top right, click on my questions
Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..