Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert VBA Programmer.
18042535

I am working on an excel dashboard. I have inserted excel

Customer Question

I am working on an excel dashboard. I have inserted excel charts except for the very last row where I have used the cells to add a table of data. I want to add a horizontal scroll bar to part of the table so it doesn't take up much room on the dashboard. I have tried everything. The table is 7 columns and 11 rows. I want the 1st column to be static with the next 3 showing and be able to scroll over to the next three columns by increments of one column at a time. I am new to this and may be way over complicating it but at this point i am very frustrated. Please help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA!. In order to better assist you could you please upload your workbook to www.wikisend.com. After upload please provide me with the File ID number or Download Link.

This way I can perform the work for you :) If your Workbook contains Private data, please replace it will dummy values.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, dummied it up and sending
Ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
file ID 276430
Ok, I have it. I read your request but could you explain how you would like to see it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want the clients column to be static with the next 3 columns showing at first with the option to scroll over to see the % Temp and additional opportunities coumns with a scroll bar or whatever is most effective
I can Hide the column as you want but because of the location of the cells it hides half of the dashboard with it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can you think of another way to do this?

I cant no. But maybe another Expert can, I will opt out and see :)
See if this is ok. I hid your data and added a Listbox to scroll thru it.

http://wikisend.com/download/307540/Dashboard Dummied.xlsx
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when I download and extract the file I don't see my spreadsheet?
http://wikisend.com/download/478530/Dashboard Dummied.xlsx

Try this one. Remember to save it and Open with Excel. Sometimes the default program isnt triggered when downloading.
Is it ok?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's closer but what I wanted was the client column to be static (always be there, plus the first three columns always showing on the dashboard. so I would open the dashboard, see the client column and the first three columns. I would then be able to scroll through the next three columns , incrementing by one with it stopping at the end of the data. also need it formatted the same as the original one. I needed it very quickly so I just went to plan b.
Ok,