John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I have a spreadsheet built where operators need to enter exact

I have a spreadsheet built where operators need to enter exact time and date. I am using =now() function in a date validation with dropdown but this does not keep track of time continuosly.
How do I keep track of time and date continously?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Do you mean you need the date/time stamp to remain fixed and not change with the now() function

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I need the date/time stamp to continuosly change. At present the first time you click on dropdown it gives you the date/time last entered, then updates when clicking again.
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Well in that case just use the NOW() function which will keep changing whenever a value is entered anywhere on the sheet or when the sheet gets calculated