Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.
What is the status of the X5 application now? Is it uninstalled or is still re-installed already and not opening normally?
First, please do the following procedures in the order they are presented.A. Uninstall WordPerfect
I understand that you already did this, maybe several times. But please do this if WP X5 is still installed so that we can do a cleanup.
After WP X5 is removed, please restart the computer. After restarting, please do the following cleanup procedures. B. Cleanup with CCleaner NOTE: If you are using a program named Roboform, please do not proceed with CCleaner cleanup. Roboform Data will be removed by CCleaner.
Please download the FREE version of CCleaner from this link: Download FREE CCleaner Here
or this link http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard
After you download the free tool, install it and run the scans and tests. By default, it runs CLEANER
to cleanup from all system mess which includes all unwanted files, temporary files, temporary internet files, orphaned files and more. Make sure that all this mess that the Cleaner program has detected is removed. This will free up some space in your hard drive while speeding up your system as well.
Next, run REGISTRY
Cleaner and fix the found problems. Run this REGISTRY
cleaner several times and fix the issues until no issues will be found.
In order to run the Registry cleanup mode, open CCleaner, then look at the left panel of the CCleaner window. Locate and click the Registry link there and that should give you the Registry cleanup mode. Then click on the Scan for issues button. When the scan reached 100%, click FIX issues to remove the errors from your system. Then click the Scan for issues again then FIX whenever issues are still found. When no issues are found, close CCleaner.
After the cleanup above, please restart the computer. After restarting, please proceed to the next step below.C. Re-install WP X5.
Use the disc again and reinstall your WordPerfect X5 software. If you come across an error message during the installation, please let me know exactly the error message and possible error code.
Just follow the on-screen wizard for the installation. After the re-install, please restart the computer.D. Run WP XP
After the restart, please try to open WordPerfect X5 this time and see if it loads and opens normally.
If the problem continues, please proceed to the next steps below and disable the startup programs and services that could have blocked WP components.E. Disable Startup programs and Services.
To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:
- Click on Start => RUN
- You can also get the RUN box by going to Start => All Programs => Accessories => RUN or by simply pressing the Windows Logo key and pressing the letter R (Win Logo + R)
- In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
- You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
- Click on the SERVICES tab
- Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
- Then click DISABLE ALL button
- Then click the STARTUP tab
- Then click on DISABLE ALL button
- This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
- Then click APPLY
- Click OK to close the System Configuration window
- Restart your computer.
- When you are prompted with a pop up window regarding the changes you made with the System Configuration Utility, please cancel it or close it.
- Then test if the system is now gaining some speed and test if WordPerfect X5 opens normally this time.
Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/smileys if this helped.
Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please use the Continue the Conversation
tab to reply to me.