JACUSTOMER-83mccr04-
JACUSTOMER-83mccr04-, Microsoft Office Instructor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified and 14 years teaching Microsoft Office to corporate and residential
38581946

I want to create document where I have the ability to type

Customer Question

I want to create document where I have the ability to type in a Part # XXXXX have the name, unit, and cost inserted from an already made list. Is this possible?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-83mccr04- replied 5 years ago.

JACUSTOMER-83mccr04- :

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is George and I will be glad to assist you with your question.

Yes, this is possible and quite common. The VLookup Function in Microsoft Excel will accomplish this very easily for you. I would be glad to tell you how and answer any other questions regarding to achieve this. Please let me know when you're ready.