lifesaver_333
lifesaver_333, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
16528259

Im having troulbe with email (Outlook) again. Im receiving

I'm having troulbe with email (Outlook) again. I'm receiving emails but there are several large emails with picture attachments that are stuck in the Outbox. I can't delete them, either.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You are s unable to delete the files as they are outlook is trying to send them continuously.

Please open outlook.

Click file and put outlook in offline mode. After that try to delete the stuck messages.

After deleting the files don't forget to put outlook back in online mode.

Regards.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help yesterday in showing me how to delete messages stuck in my Outbox. I have now identified the real problem which is that I cannot email pictures (jpegs) as attachments. This problem just started.

Already Tried:
I tried 4 pictures at first. Just now, I tried sending only 1 picture as an attachment but it's just sitting in the Outbox.

What is the size of the jpeg files?

WHich email service do you use?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

AT&T is my server, the program is Outlook. My email address is an sbcglobal.net.

The first email that would not Send had 6 jpeg attachments varying from 2MB to 4MB. After I Deleted that file from my Outbox (with your help), I tried sending a email with attachments of 4 jpegs of 2.68MB and that also would not send. Finally, I tried sending an email with an attachment of 1 jpeg of 2.68 MB and it also would not send.

I was able to send emails with jpegs Inserted into the body of the email and I also could send emails with Word documents as attachments, but could not and still cannot send emails with jpeg attachments.

Hmm.

That's strange and definitely not an outlook issue.

Open paint or any other program and try saving the email as a different format(tiff or bmp,etc..)

See if you can send fine...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, this advice doesn't make sense to me. Are you asking me to save the EMAIL as a tiff or are you asking me to open the picture (jpeg) and save it in some other format?

I've never had trouble sending jpegs as attachments before and I don't want to have to convert each jpeg into a different format.

I understand the problem but i am not sure if i have a solution for this.
Will keep this question open for other experts.

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I would think figuring out why Outlook suddenly won't send jpegs would be fairly simple but I don't know how to fix it. Perhaps my server changed the size allowable for outgoing mail? In that case, wouldn't I just have to adjust the size that's allowable? Again, I don't know how to do that. I have no trouble receiving jpegs but I can't send them. What do I need to change in my email account?
First step I would recommend you to do is use Oultook in Safe Mode.
Exit/quit Outlook.
Now hold CTRL button and open Outlook. Keep holding CTRL button.
When asked, select Yes.
Outlook will open in Safe Mode.
Please try to send email with attachments to see if you have the same issue. Thank you.