Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I was downloading microsoftoffice 2010 on my computer and have

Customer Question
been charged for it but...
I was downloading microsoftoffice 2010 on my computer and have been charged for it but have no access or icon on my desktop. Please help
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Were you able to install the program or are you not sure?

Do you know if the download completed?

Lastly could you please let me which version of windows is on your computer, is it windows xp, vista, or windows 7?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
It took me about 1 hour to install the download and the configuration was complete. However, I cannot find any program on my desktop. I have windows 7
Please try the following and let me know what happens.

Click the start(windows logo) button on the bottom left. In the search box that opens above the button type winword.exe and press enter
An unspecified error box appears to block the configuration
Try clicking Start and looking in all programs for microsoft office. If it is not there are you sure you successfully installed the software?

Not sure. Should I download again? Will I be charged twice???

Just so we are clear, downloading and installing are 2 separate things. You download the file but when you do that you need to install.

You need to locate the file you downloaded and double click it.

Can you find the downloaded files? They me be on your desktop OR they may be in your downloads folder which you can find by clicking start and typing downloads in the search box.

Please check and let me know.

Thank You

I already checked my download files folder and have not been able to find anything from microsoftoffice 2010. I could check again, however. I do have my product key number if

that will help.

Would it be helpful to do a remote session where we would connect to your computer and do this for you?
Please. Would help so I can see what I did wrong
Ok great. I myself do not have the remote tool but I am going to get in touch with a colleague to further assist. You will receive an email when they are ready.

Thank You
-Chris
Okay
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 5 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Greetings,

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Yes and Yes

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=b0412b3d-de3b-44c7-9979-c0436e17aff3&SUPPORT=NET

You may click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Jason Jones, Computer Technician