Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Hi I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop running Vista Home Premium

Hi

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop running Vista Home Premium SP2
I ran Smart PCFixer yesterday - Scan & Clean and a defrag
I can now no longer launch any MS Office programme
The products try to configure and install then asks for a reboot but they won't install
I've tried in Administrator mode and Safe Boot mode - same issue
I've tried several suggested fixes from the Intranet forums but without success
I've also tried to download Microsoft Fix it but it fails to download
Any thoughts would be welcome please - I desparately need to get Word and Excel back up!
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

If you have not tried, please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

If it does not work, please download and install the Revo Uninstaller program at
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
, then open it, and select the Microsoft office program, then click on Uninstall
, then select the Advanced option , then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm
, then restart the computer, and reinstall microsoft office.

(Note: if you cannot download and install the Revo Uninstaller program, you can go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features to uninstall office, then restart the computer and reinstall office.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry but I'm working abroad and my Office disc is at home in the UK. So, I can't reinstall.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm working abroad and my MS Office discs are back home in the UK - so I can't reinstall
Did you try a system restore yet?

You may be able to download and reinstall. Do you still have the microsoft office product key (call home if needed)?

Do you know your office version, such as 2007, 2010, etc.? Do you know your office type, such as HOme & Student, Professional, Ultimate, etc.?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortuinately, I have no system restore points. I don't have my key (there is no-one at home). I have Office Professional Hybrid 2007.
Please download and install and run the Belarc program:
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
, then it will give you page, then scroll down near the middle of the page to get your Microsoft office product key.

Then use my previous suggestion to uninstall Microsoft office
, then restart the computer , and download and reinstall office 2007 professional at
http://tinyurl.com/y5vml4

If it does not take your product key when installing, you can download and install the latest office trial version at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/
; it's good to use for 60 days, then when you get home, uninstall it and reinstall your office disk.

Also, if needed, you can download and install the free Open Office and use it temporarily to edit your documents, excel, etc. files.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again

I downloaded Belarc and got my key. I then downloaded Revo and uninstalled Office. I then downloaded 2007 Pro from the tinyurl site but it won't except my key. It may be because it was an OEM version. I'm happy to try purchasing 2010 for c. £100 but I don't suppose I can guarantee it will work. If I have some sort of registry problem (corrupt or missing file for example). I'm nervous about paying c. £100 for something that won't work. Any thoughts please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again

I realised after writing my last note that I'd only be downloading a trial so there was no cost if it didn't work! Anyway, I went ahead and downloaded Office 2010 and it all seems to work fine. Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Norman

Great. You're welcome. Thank you.