Andy, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Experienced in all versions of MS Office Products.
16465236

word crashed and i lost a document. i know that i saved it

Customer Question

word crashed and i lost a document. i know that i saved it and i know that the verision of word i use auto saves. i have tried all the tips for searching my computer for it and i still cant find it. is there anything i can do?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Which version of windows do you have installed on the computer (xp / vista / 7)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
xp
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Did you do everything explained on the link below :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316951

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i did everything there
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i feel like i was tricked into accepting your answer
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

If you have done everything on that link, then I am sorry but your document has been deleted permanently and cannot be retrieved now.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well how did it get deleted? there is no way to recover deleted documents?
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

You can try to use following recovery tools as a last ditch effort :

http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/recuva.html