Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I recently used Word and the AVery Wizard to do a long list

Customer Question
of address labels. When...
I recently used Word and the AVery Wizard to do a long list of address labels. When it comes to the part of Merging data I continually get a message that it stopped working and I check online for a solution. But it does nothing. I even re-installed the Avery Wizard but still get the same thing.
So I decided to use the Word procedure for address labels. It is so complicated. And when I think I get there after going through seemingly dozens of directions, it doesn't work either.
Am I the dummy with a problem? Or is there something happening that I am not aware of or don't know about. Allan
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
4/9/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 5 years ago
Richard, Software Specialist
Hi there Allan and welcome

Can you please click start, type in Restore and press enter

Perform a system restore from the last restore point and test

If you still have the problem after doing this, please let me know

The last restore point listed is today. Will that do any good? I started having the problem early last week but hadn't used the Avery Wizard for a while before.

Does it make sense to restore on today's date???

no it doesnt, but you can also choose a date as part of the process.

Choose the option to select a date and use a date before the problem started to occur please

I have never done a restore. If I go back several weeks, what happens to all the data that I've saved in the interim?

The restore will not touch any of your data, it only looks at the system files
One message I got said that the Word file was corrupted. I did the system restore that checks for corrupted files, etc. When finished I went to Word and Avery Wizard - but still the same thing. It stops working and asks if I want to have the program checked and I did it, but like before it just sits there forever and nothing happens. And I still can't use the Avery Wizard to import data to labels.
ok, can you please click start, control panel

Go to programs and look for Avery. Click on it, select change and then choose Repair.

Once it completes, restart your computer and then test please

Did it but it did not show "repair". I uninstalled it and then went to Avery site for download. It started but then stopped w/ message "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Then in another para

"Installation source is not available. Verify this source exists and you can access."

I've done everything. It still refuses to work.

ok, click start, type in %temp% and press enter

Delete all files and folders it allows

once done, restart the computer and try to download and install again please

Well I've followed all your instructions and nothing works. In fact, I now have tried to open several other files and I now get a message that they're corrupt and can't be had. The whole situation has become a bad dream.

I can't believe that a place like MS followed with Avery, doesn't have a system that works easily and not easily corruptable. I tried to follow the very,very complicated instruction for making labels directly with an MSWord application. Forget it. I might as well try learning Swahili or Siberian.

I am totally disappointed with MS. Seems that it should not be that complicated to do a simple labeling program in the manner of the Avery application. Allan

completely agree Allan,

If you follow these instructions to make lables in word, does it help?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2159594_print-labels-word.html
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist