sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have a desktop PC with microsoft office 2003 running on it.

I have a desktop PC with microsoft office 2003 running on it. I have to submit online to Inland Revenue Financial Accounts in an iXBRL format. My Accounts are in word format and therefore have to be converted. The conversion program i have can only run in Microsoft Office 2007 or later.

Can i purchase Microsoft Office 2007 or later and load it onto my PC and then will my 2003 docs be transferred or updated to the 2007 format.

You may gather i am not well versed in computers i am an Accountant who just uses word, excel, sage etc

Many thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 5 years ago.
Hi!

Welcome to Justanswer.com.

Yes, it is possible. You can open and edit your existing Office 2003 documents on Office 2007 without any problem. Just install office 2007 and start using it. But, remember the look of 2003 and 2007 are totally different, so you may have to spend some time to have gather some operational knowledge of office 2007.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What if i was to purchase the latest version of microsoft office which maybe 2010.

Would this be more sensible..

Many thanks

No problem, you can also buy it, there is no difficulties in opening 2003 files is 2007 or 2010.