Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

How do I get a product key for Office Suite 2007 which was

How do I get a product key for Office Suite 2007 which was installed in my X5DAF when I bought it in Oct 10. The product ID is: 00359-OEM-8992687-00007. I am frequently asked to input the key when I access M/S Word and find it very annoying. Your help please.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 5 years ago.

What happens to your office product key?

Where did you purchase Microsoft Office software? From what store or website?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The only product key stuck on my laptop relates to Windows 7. My laptop was bought from 'buyitdirect.co.uk' in Huddersfield on 9Oct 2010 under order number 33217890. When I am asked for the Office Suite product key, I delete reference to it and continue what I am doing - it is most frustrating!
Windows and Office are two different things. When you purchase your laptop, did you also purchase Microsoft Office software? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was already loaded when I bought it
Office trial version is always loaded with any new computer (there may be some other trial programs pre-installed on your computer). When the trial period is over, you have to purchase it. Would you like to try/use an alternate and free Office program? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am within my 'comfort zone' with what I have - I'll just have to live with the annoyance of being asked for a product key.
So you have never received an office product key?

How long have you been using office on this same computer? When did it start asking for the product key?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have never received an office product key and I have been using it since purchase. I do'nt remember when I was first asked but it is a long time ago.
When you buy any software, it should give you a product key. It still lets you use the trial version forever, but it keeps reminding you to enter the product key, so it wants you to buy it. Sorry, you have to use it like that as it's a trial version. If you have any further question or other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you.