Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Why does Access not adapt to Microsoft 2007?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/4/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: shorecc, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 years ago
shorecc
shorecc, Computer Enthusiast

shorecc :

Hello, could you please clarify your question? I cannot understand it. Thank you!

Customer:

I have recently upgraded my computer to Microsoft Office 2007. Now when I try to open up an Access database I get a message that says "database _____.mdb is not a valid path". This only happens with shared databases, not the ones that I have created and saved in my documents.

shorecc :

Is this for a database you access and attempt to access linked tables? Or are you just trying to open a shared database MDB and you are receiving this error?

Customer:

I am just trying to open the shared database.

Microsoft Office Technician: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Lindie-mod

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
I am still waiting for an answer on this. Thanks.
 replied 5 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Microsoft Office Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Can you please tell me if this database you cannot open is stored on your computer or is it on a server or other computer?

Also how are you trying to open it, are you browsing to the file and double clicking it or are you trying to open from within access?

Please let me know.

Thank You
Hi Chris - thanks. I am trying to open a database from a shared network. Also, I am just browsing to the file and double-clicking on it.

Heather
Hi Heather,

Can you please try opening access and then go to file and open and browse to the mdb file? Please let me know the path to the file if possible such as e:\access\database for example.

Thank You
t:\shared\databases\est bd attached\jobdata1.mdb
Thank You and did you get that same error when trying to open the file from within access?
No - it seemed to work! Sorry - I should have mentioned that.
Ok so you are able to open it from withing access but not from clicking on teh file is this correct?

I believe the problem is the path and the computer not understanding how to open the file because it is on t: and not on c:

What you could try is creating a shortcut on your desktop to the database file. Right click on your desktop and choose new shortcut, next browse to the mdb file and see if that let's you open it from the shortcut.

If you need further help or this does not work please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
Chris L., Support Specialist
Chris L., Support Specialist