maomd
maomd, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Fifteen years plus providing efficient computer solutions, no matter how small or large.
31474244

I believe i am supposed to be using the formula bar in exel

Customer Question

I believe i am supposed to be using the formula bar in exel 2010 to change form uppercase text to lower case text.I have tried to outline a rangeof cells first +then go to text no luck.I have tried to go to TEXT on the formula bar then put in a range of cells to change the same as above. NO LUCK Help me please  I am taking 2010 Exel coarse and am really stuck but am sure I am supposed to use the Text box from the( formula bar)Undecided
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  maomd replied 5 years ago.

maomd :

Hello.

maomd :

You can't use the formula bar to change text case for a range of cells.

maomd :

You will need to use a macro instead.

maomd :

Here is an example on how to use the formula bar to add a new column with the formatted text: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpFSjarX9I

Customer :

What is a macro?

maomd :

A maro is a series of commands that are automated with a scripting language.

maomd :

The text that you want to change, is it confined to a single column or row?

Customer :

Where are they automated with a scrip language?

Customer :

YES

Customer :

Column

maomd :

Macros are ran under the View ribbon, but I think your best solution will be to use the example provided in the above video.

maomd :

It will allow you to create a new column with the correctly cased text that you can then copy and paste over the old column.

Customer :

OK I will check thanks!

maomd :

You're welcome.