Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi I have my resume 2010 word doc

Hi I have my resume...

Hi I have my resume 2010 word doc. save to desk top. sometimes when i'm trying to post it to a job application i/e copy& post the characters never look as it should I tried to assign it as read only but then cant copy & post I would like to Always have a professional looking resume weather as a attachment or copy and paste.I need step by step instruction to get this done will gladly pay once done. Thanks.

Additionally when a prospective employer prints my resume  should look just a good.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2012
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

This is common when pasting text from word. Word uses it's own formatting so something that looks very nice in word when pasted will lose the formatting, depending on what you are pasting it into.

Really the best way to send you resume to someone is by creating a PDF. This is good for 2 reasons.

1. The formatting will never change.

2. The document will not be editable, this is good so no one can mess around with your resume and change things.

If you do not have a PDF printer I will give you one now for free.

Please go to the following page and download and install the program:
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

Once this is installed it will add a printer to your computer so all you have to do is open a word document and click print and choose the Bullzip PDF printer and it will create a PDF for you.

I think that is the best way to transmit the resume. I have not seen your resume but if it has a lot of formatting in word you will have even more trouble trying to copy and paste. Again the simple reason for this is not all programs can understand the formatting of word which will result in a messy appearance and things not looking correct.

If you need further help please let me know.

Thank You
Hi Seashore first thanks for the knowledge now that I understand the Y's.... so if I may ask will I be able to transform my resume from m/s word to a PDF doc. since I believe this is where ism headed .....coz i need ti have it posted w/o looking like an idiot
Yes. The link I gave you above is for a free PDF printer. Basically this acts a normal printer but instead of printing on paper it creates a PDF file. You will still retain your original word document as well.

Here is that link again:

Let me know if you have trouble.

Thank You
Chris L., Support Specialist
Chris L., Support Specialist