James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I just installed Office 2010 and was told by the Geak squad

Customer Question

I just installed Office 2010 and was told by the Geak squad there is a way for me to import the Outlook files they had transfered to my new laptop. I can't seem to find the Import tab to do that.

Patty
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.

If the Outlook files they transferred to your new laptop were .pst files, here is how to import them into Office 2010:

Inside Outlook, click the File tab > Open > Import files, settings, & RSS feeds into Outlook > Choose Import from another program or file, next

Choose Personal Folder File (.pst), next > Browse and select your pst file, use the largest one > Check the include subfolders box and press Finish

It should now show your mail/data. Let me know if that clears it up, if not, don't press Accept yet and we will try some other steps, just post back here first, thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I get as far as Import from another program or file, but then there is no choice of Personal Folder file only Personal Address Book.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think maybe I should hit Outlook Data Files pst.?????
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Do you see anything that says Outlook Data file (.pst) in that list?

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Yes, please do, that's the one

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I hit it and now it says Cannot Find this file.Verify the path and name are correct

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
I apologize but for now I need to opt out and open your question to all experts again.
Expert:  James K. replied 5 years ago.
Hello

My name is James

Do you have a folder on your Laptop with the Transfered Files from the geek squad

cheers James
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes there is a Geeksquad Backup icon. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you folks as I was at work.

Patty

Expert:  James K. replied 5 years ago.

Can i remote on and have a look?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes you can. I was able to download some things from the Geeksquad icon, but none many of my email folders are empty. REally old stuff was loaded. Also none of my contacts have loaded.

Patty

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Seems that knocker 1234 is on another times zone so I am going to ask for other help.