JohnTheExpert
JohnTheExpert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have 6+ years of desktop and network support. I've worked with multiple applications including all versions of MS office.
60084953

I cant email messages on ms outlook 2007

Customer Question

I can't email messages on ms outlook 2007. I was able to send a message earlier this week with no problem.  I haven't changed any of the settings.  I can receive messages, but when I send an email...it appears that it has sent, but, it is never received.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  JohnTheExpert replied 5 years ago.
hi, have you tried sending an email to yourself to see if you receive that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I sent an email to myself on ms outlook and did not receive it. Also sent a test message to my husband. He did not receive it either.

However, I did go on our cable company's website and accessed my email from their web page. I sent an email to myself there and I did receive it in outlook.

So, receiving is not the issue...it is sending.

I have also tried rebooting my machine. No luck there either.

do you know if you use a pop or imap account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe pop
ok, can you go into the control panel (start -->control panel ) now if you have a search field on the upper right type in mail then click on the mail icon on the left, or search for the mail icon manually after opening the control panel

now click on show profiles , then select the profile you login with and then click properties
now test your settings there should be a test button on the right. let me know if it fails and what the error message reads
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There was no test button in properties. Went into control panel. Found mail, but, no "show profiles" Only one profile came up and that was outlook. I clicked on properties, but there was no test button within properties.