Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have lost my 25 character product key and are unable to access

Customer Question
microsoft...
I have lost my 25 character product key and are unable to access microsoft
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/7/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager replied 5 years ago
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is John and I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. I do believe I can help you with your problem today.

jstinehelfer :

Is this a operating system product key?

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

I think so, it comes up when i try and use microsoft word. It allows you 25 uses until a product key is needed.

jstinehelfer :

The one that is on your computer is for your operating system not Microsoft Office

jstinehelfer :

Where did you get your Microsoft office from?

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

It was already installed in the computer when i purchased it.

jstinehelfer :

How long have you had this computer?

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

Ive had the computer under 12 months but have not been ableto use it because of this issue.

jstinehelfer :

When you purchase a new computer they put a trial version of Microsoft Office on your computer. It is also called Microsoft Starter version

jstinehelfer :

So you would need to purchase a license for it in order to keep using it.

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

How do i purchase the licence

jstinehelfer :

when it asks to activate is it giving you a button to purchase a license?

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

No

jstinehelfer :

do you know what version you have?

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

Windows 7 home premium

jstinehelfer :

That is your Operating System

jstinehelfer :

Do you have word opened?

jstinehelfer :

If so you can go to Help then About Word to find the version

jstinehelfer :

Or you can click the start button then all programs then Microsoft and it might say Microsoft 2007 or 2010

JACUSTOMER-khxt2ut0- :

Its 2007, word is currently open.

jstinehelfer :

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

How to buy the 2007 Microsoft Office suites:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...px?ofcresset=1

jstinehelfer :

Sorry the first link is dead I should of checked it. Looks like they are pushing 2010 now so I am not sure how to get a 2007 license

jstinehelfer :

You might need to just purchase the 2010.

jstinehelfer :

What all do you use with the Microsoft Office?

jstinehelfer :

Word, Excel. Outlook?

jstinehelfer :

Or just Word?

jstinehelfer :

If this fixes your problem then that is great. If it does not fix your problem then please ask for more help

Thank you for using Just Answer.com please click on ACCEPT and SAVE so I can get credit for helping you if I have answered your question correctly and to the best of my ability. If I have not been able to answer the question please let me know and ask for more help. Please take the time to fill out the feedback on how I am doing. This helps me help you better in the future. Have a great day.

jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer