Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I need assistance in creating an email template using Word

(not as a .dot file)...
I need assistance in creating an email template using Word (not as a .dot file). I will give the particulars when someone answers.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2012
Travis
Travis, Computer Enthusiast

bobnosnarb :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Customer:

Hi Travis! I have this assignment to create an email template using Word (but not save it as a .dot file) for my "Principles of Business Management" class in college. Do you think you can help if I give you the "particulars"?

Customer:

are you there?

bobnosnarb :

I'm not sure, after reading your question a little closer the only way I've done email template is through outlook (not using word). If it would be something like a newsletter attached to an email I think I may be able to help. Does it have to be using word? And is it an email template?

Customer:

This is what the assignment reads (without all the inside requirements). Take a look and see what you think. You may know a way around it.

Customer:

Assume you are a manager for Biz-Tech Industries. Biz-Tech is discontinuing support for a software program, ABC software; however, ABC software is still supported by the software publisher, Crown Development. You need to create an email template for your service desk people to use to respond to customers who request support for this product. You want to write this message to control what your employees are communicating to your customers about this change. (It’s important to control how your staff presents your company to your customers.) You will prepare a standardized email message that your employees will use over and over.

Customer:

sorry didn't mean to post that twice.

bobnosnarb :

Doesn't really say anything about word, but is that what is required? You can create an email template in outlook, save the template and use it over and over. Just click the template enter youre email addreses and go. What type of email software is used?

Customer:

Here are the requirements..... (the email won't actually be sent out - -its just for class)...

Customer:

Requirements

1. Your e-mail template will be used to inform customers that you are no longer offering support for the ABC software. Refer these customers to the publisher, Crown Development, for support.

2. You must reflect a positive attitude. Take advantage of this opportunity to communicate with your customers. Manage their expectations. Avoid negativity. You want to continue to keep these customers!

3. Your e-mail must service a global customer base. Avoid idioms.

4. Include a meaningful subject line.

5. Use an appropriate greeting; show respect.

6. Include an appropriate closing.

7. Include a complete and standardized signature. Include a meaningful tag line.

8. Create your file in MS Word. (You do not use a .dot file.)

bobnosnarb :

Ok, give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can do.

Customer:

here are the TIPS:

Customer:

TIPS:

• Use technical writing best practices.

• Proof your file for spelling and grammar.

• It's never a good idea to start any message to customers off with "I regret, or I'm sorry." These words make people scared and nervous. You certainly don't want to scare customers. You want to make sure this change is positive and that you have everything under control. You have some rather negative news to relay to your customers, so you must put a positive spin in this email. You should also try to use this email as a potential marketing opportunity for Biz-Tech.

Customer:

I don't have to have this tonight. Tomorrow (afternoon) is fine

bobnosnarb :

I think we are probably over thinking this a bit. I would recommend just creating a word document with all your requirements and then just saving it to turn in. If not, I can't really think of another way to do this, and I will OPT out of this question to allow other experts to help you.

Customer:

OK thank you

Lindie-mod

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Yes I am waiting still. THe expert before opted out. THANKS
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
am not sure if this question is i n the right category. Yes, it is about MS Word, but it is also about technical writing.If you think the category needs to be changed, please tell me and change it or tell me how to change it. Thank you.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today.

Is there a limit of the number of words for the email message template?
Not that I am aware of. This is for a class assignment and I have posted all the information that I have above. Can you help with this?
Yes, I can help you with this. As per my understanding on the problem, it is more of a letter project and that it will be evaluated on the content based on the given criteria. The MS Word part is that it requires to be typed in MS Word in a DOC or DOCX file, a normal Word file. Is this correct?
Yes you are correct. It is that it has to APPEAR as an email that would be sent out to existing cutomers to retain them, inform them of the stated changes in support, and be used as a "tool" for a marketing offering of some kind.

This is due before 5 pm today. ( I have an appointment so I will be back here in about 2 hours). Thank you so much!
Ok. Please give me some time to compose it. I will keep you posted.

Jess
OK Jess. No problem. I got back a little sooner than I thought so I am here whenever you let me know. I hope that you can save it as a Word (.doc) document and upload it for me to get. Thanks again.
I am halfway done. Give me 10 more minutes.
Jess
Don't rush. I don't have to have it til about 5 pm..... so whenever you can. I know you are a busy man! :-)
Hi, this is the template that I came up with. I used a letterhead layout for a corporate look and I saved the file as a DOCX file that opens with MS Word 2007 and 2010.

http://wikisend.com/download/602332/EmailMessageTemplate.docx

Also, since it is a template, please choose the dummy phone numbers for Biz-Tech and Crown Development.

I hope you find my answer helpful. If you do, please Accept and leave a positive feedback if you are satisfied. A bonus is always greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

If the problem is NOT solved, please do not leave a negative feedback. Instead, post a REPLY so that we can continue further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Wow Jess! This is FANTASTIC! Thank you so very much! I would like to ask for your help again in the future. Can you tell me what areas that you can help with?

I will accept this and post VERY positive feedback for you. Thanks again!
Cool! I am glad you like the template. Thank you for the Accept and the positive feedback.

If you need assistance in the future, you can ask me directly from THIS LINK. (Bookmark the page in the link for easier access)

I can answer computer related problems and this computer related writing. (Categories Computer, MS Office, Laptops, Computer Hardware, Software)

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.

Regards,
Jess
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
My Name is Andrew, I will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask for The-PC-Guy in your question title for your future needs.

Hi I am so glad that you were able to get help with this question, I was going to suggest something but see that you have already been helped. I wanted to follow up with you on the other question for part 3 final, the question has been closed and it seams I cannnot post to it any more. let me know how you made out, and just to remind you that you can come to me first for any future questions you may have.

Thanx
Andrew, did you get the other question???
I did
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist