jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have downloaded the 2007 office suite SP3, but it will not

I have downloaded the 2007 office suite SP3, but it will not instal.

Can you assist please

Kind regards

KXXXXX XXXXX

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. I do believe I can help you with your problem today.

jstinehelfer :

What service pack on your XP are you on? You should be up to SP3 on it as well

jstinehelfer :

When you downloaded the SP3 for your office did you get it from here

jstinehelfer :

Is there any error messages or error codes that may lead us down the right path for a solution to this?

jstinehelfer :

jstinehelfer :

jstinehelfer :

jstinehelfer :

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you John

I have XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

I initially used Windows Update to download the Office SP3, but that wouldn't instal, so I went to the same Microsoft site as in your link, downloaded it to my hard drive, but that wouldn't instal either.

There were no error codes. The message was "The installation of the package failed".

Regards

Kevan

Can we make sure your .Net is up to date by going here and downloading the update of .net

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8483

Then retry the sp3 update again and see if this resolves your problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks again John

Using your link to Windows Installer I downloaded "WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe"

I then tried to instal from the download on my hard drive but it failed immediately. I have downloaded it again and tried again. This time it went into the installation mode, extracting files, then installing, but when the green dots were complete it failed again.

What do you advise?

Regards

Kevan

Lets try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Run the fix it guy and see if this helps with this problem.

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello John

Tried the fix it link and had the same result as before. Went to the completion of the green dots and failed.

Then spent some time going through the forum but couldn't pick up anybody with the same problem.

In desperation used the fix it link again and guess what - installation was completed. Many thnks for your assistance. Will send this and then Accept Answer.

Kind regards

Kevan

I am glad that we was able to get this going. Sometimes problems like this seem to have no end. But usually persistence pays off in the end. Good luck to you and thank you for using Just Answer.com