Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am having problems with my cursor in Word. It shows the spinning

Customer Question
symbol all the time. Would...
I am having problems with my cursor in Word. It shows the spinning symbol all the time. Would be very grateful if you could help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/11/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

If that does not work, please close Word/office programs:

Please click below
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005
, then scroll down and click on the Fix it icon to download and save, then run the automatic fix to reset Word settings.

Please click on Start (then Run only if available) and type %AppData% and press Enter, then open Microsoft, then Templates, then delete the Normal.dot item.

Then reopen Word and check.

If it still does not work, go to Start , Control Panel, Uninstall a program (or Add/remove programs) and select Microsoft OFfice and repair it and check. If it does not work, uninstall Microsoft Office and restart the computer and reinstall it.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.

I have done everything you have suggested and I'm afraid that it has not worked. The spinning disk is even worse. Could it be a problem with the hard drive? Strange that it is only Word 7 that is affected.

So you were able to try all my suggestions successfully, but it still does not work.
Please open Word, then click the Microsoft Office Button , click Word Options, and then click Add-Ins. Then disable all add-ins, and see if it works. (You can re-enable any add-in that you meed back.)

If that does not work, close all office programs, then go to
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
to download and install the Revo Uninstaller program, then open it. Then select Microsoft Office, then click on Uninstall, then select the Advanced option, then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm. Then restart the computer and reinstall office.

Thank you.
I'm afraid this is still an issue. I've just about given up now and think I will buy a Mac!
Don't worry, I will continue to work with you.

Please go to Start, control panel, user accounts, manage another account and create a new administrator account. Then restart the computer and login the new administrator account and see if Word works fine with the new administrator account.

Thank you.

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Been chatting on a forum and have now solved the problem. It was the HP printer laser jet (1500) that was attached as my default printer. It appears that many people have this problem. I have made the other printer (HP inkjet 1400) my default printer and will just have to select the laser everytime I want to print.

Thanks for your help and this may help if you encounter the same problem again in the future.

Great. Sorry, that is strange why that particular printer caused the issue. You can just right-click on the HP inkjet 1400 printer and delete it.

If you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you.
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech