Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am trying to duplicate and fill a state form using Access

Customer Question
database. I can create the...
I am trying to duplicate and fill a state form using Access database. I can create the query to collect the data, but creating and filling the form has been a problem.
Basically the form has three sections. The heading section includes route (approx 60 routes) and run (varies from 1 to 5 runs/route) data, while the mid-section box is two columns of names (fifty each column). No run has more than 200 names. Page footer includes "page of pages) count for run. Can supply pdf of blank form after I get to work (writing this from home)
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/8/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: flopcat98, Consultant replied 6 years ago
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

Well you really arent giving a lot of details as to where you are having a problem.

What you probably want to do is create a relational database

The routes in one file

the runs in one file that has a field with the route they belong to

the names in a third file that has a field for the run they belong to

link the name file to the run based on run number and the run file to the route based on route number

Then what you want to do is create a report not a form from the querry

while the mid-section box is two columns of names (fifty each column). No run has more than 200 names.

Attachment: 2011-12-10_021454_two.pdf

got it. and you want an access data base that will print that out. for each route etc

give me a day and i will try to get one set up for you.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
over 5k records in database. Query is not the problem. Please refer to the pdf file to see sample of one page of report

the number of records makes no difference. The structure does.

can you send me a small sample of the data base so i can see how you have laid out the tables and fields ?

You can email it to [email protected] and ask them to forward it to me. Give my name and the question

or you can post to something like www.wikisend.com

does not matter. the database can be structured in what ever manner needed to produce the report. The REAL question is how to create the report
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
please credit my account with the money you withdrew. since no answer has been attempted I must conclude no answer is forth coming. I expected both a timely and cognizant answer--have received neither.
flopcat98
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant