Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - Order Confirmation - XXXXXXXXX

Customer Question
I am sure that the...
I have Microsoft Office 2010 - Order Confirmation - XXXXXXXXX I am sure that the following document was done with Microsoft Office 2010 Work. I get the following message screen when I try to open the document. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel. Can you help me do that? I was trying to open my Christmas Card list from last year and it was done in Excel. I got a message that the Excel Program was corrupted. I had Micosoft Office 2007 and I uninstalled that corrupted program.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/4/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 6 years ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
My Name isXXXXX will be helping you toady. If I provide good service, you may ask for chutz747 in your question title for your future needs.

to fix this you will need either the office 2007 or the office 2010 cd. Do you have either of those?
I have office 2010 I do not know if I have 2101cd.
did office 2010 come preinstalled?
No
then you should have the disk somewhere. The process to fix this involves reinstalling office 2010 for which you need the disk.

I downloaded the Office Home and Student 2010. The product Key

GQB3K-KWP98_2TMW7-3Q9HY-G9GJH. I did not get a disk.

I didn't need to know the key, but its too late now, anyway that will work. Do you have the download file saved somewhere on the harddrive so you can run the install from that
I found the Office Home and Student 2007 disk. How would I find the saved download 2010 file on my hard drive?
well here are the instructions once you find the office 2010 installer before i forget,
or if you prefer you can change step 7 and use 2007 disk as well in which case it will auto run.

1. goto start
2. click Control Panel
3. click Programs
4. click Programs and Features.
5. Select anything that sais microsoft office, and then click Uninstall.
6. repeat step 5 until all ms office programs are uninstalled
7. goto the folder where you have the office 2010 install file that you
downloaded, right click it and choose "run as administrator"
8. this will open the office 2010 installer, choose to do a full install
not custom, or minimal.
9. It will ask for your key at some point during the installation.
10. If you get a screen where you can choose different applications to install
make sure that you change anything that has a red x to run from local hard disk,
you can do this by clicking on it and you will get a menu of options.
11. after install is complete, restart computer
12. double click your document, it should open now
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
ok, what browser did you download 2010 on?
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager