Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Unwanted lines appear across the page in parts of the text

Customer Question
I've written. I can't find...
Unwanted lines appear across the page in parts of the text I've written. I can't find a way to get rid of them. Any ideas?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/3/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: serve4christ24, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 years ago
serve4christ24
serve4christ24, Computer Enthusiast

serve4christ24 :

What version of Office do you use?

Customer:

2007

serve4christ24 :

Are the unwanted lines page breaks?

Customer:

No; nor are they simply the lines created when I use footnotes or end notes. They are solid lines clear across the page.

serve4christ24 :

they appear after you start typing or are they there when you open new page

Customer:

They appear during typing.

serve4christ24 :

Try this to see if it removes it:

serve4christ24 :

1. Place your cursor directly above the offending line

2. From your menu, choose Page Layout

3. Once you click on Page Layout, click on Page Borders

4. Choose the Borders Tab, in the upper left select None, then hit Ok

Customer:

You've done it! Thanks.

serve4christ24
serve4christ24, Computer Enthusiast
serve4christ24
serve4christ24
serve4christ24, Computer Enthusiast