Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Need assistance! Computer does not recognize Microsoft and

Need assistance! Computer does...
Need assistance! Computer does not recognize Microsoft and wants me to reload (Error Message: The required file ExSex32,dll cannot be found in your path. Install Microsoft Outlook again).

I purchased this laptop (HP Pavillion dm1-3025dx) in mid-May with a one time Microsoft package. How am I supposed to download it again? Is that supposed to cost me money? Sorry -frustrated....
11/9/2011
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Greetings,

Please, do not forget to click the green I'm Satisfied / ACCEPT button if you found my answer helpful.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Click the Start button (the round button on the bottom left of your screen)
- Type appwiz.cpL
- Hit Enter
- Locate the Microsoft Office listing and click to select it
- Click the Uninstall/Change button
- Choose to Repair the installation.

Once that is complete, please verify that your Outlook is functioning correctly.

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the green I'm Satisfied / ACCEPT button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason

I appreciate the answer and am trying it now - unfortunately, I need full access to my computer in 5 mins and it's still repairing. Is stopping it and retrying going to cause a problem??

And, when I close the window will my answer still be accessible for reference?

Do NOT stop the repair process once it has started.

You can always come back to this page after you accept the answer. You can simply bookmark this page.

-Jason
I ran the whole thing, didn't stop it after all. Outlook is not working....all of the other Office programs seem to be. Windows had to reconfigure Visio (as I bought that individually) but it's all working except Outlook. Outlook opens, email seems to be received/refreshed, but as soon as I select something - the same error message appears. Now what? (And thank you ....)

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

YES! :)

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=20e334f4-c370-418e-92b8-a9124e306436&SUPPORT=NET

You may click the green I'm Satisfied / ACCEPT button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Jason Jones, Computer Technician