Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am getting this error: Task JC PGUSA - Sending reported

I am getting this error: Task...
I am getting this error:

Task 'JC PGUSA - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object cannot be found.'

I have win 7 64 bit and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional. This was my first attempt to send an email from outlook. I just setup today.
11/8/2011
darkshadowin
darkshadowin, Network Administrator

darkshadowin :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you todya.

darkshadowin :

*today

darkshadowin
darkshadowin, Network Administrator
I can lead you through the steps of fixing it.
Ok. How do I fix?

To resolve this problem, identify the current location of your default Outlook data file, and then create a new Outlook profile.

Note The following steps apply to a Windows 7 client.

To identify the current location of your default Outlook data file, follow these steps:

1. In Control Panel, click Mail.
  2. In the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, click Show Profiles.
  3. Select your current Outlook profile, and then click Properties.
  4. In the Mail Setup - profile name dialog box, click Data Files.
  5. Click the Data Files tab of the Account Settings dialog box, and then note the name and location of the default data file for your profile. You will have to refer to this file and location when you create your new Outlook file.

Note If you want to view this Outlook data file in a Windows Explorer window, click Open File Location.

6. Click Close to close the Account Settings dialog box.

After you have finished this procedure, use either of the following procedures to create a new Outlook profile that references your existing Outlook data file.

How to create IMAP and POP3 email accounts by using auto account setup

Note The default email account that is created by using the auto account setup process in Outlook 2010 is an IMAP account. Therefore, if your email server is configured for both IMAP and POP3, this process will create a profile with an IMAP account. In this situation, if you want to create an Outlook profile with a POP3 account, follow the steps in the "How to create IMAP or POP3 email accounts configured manually" section.

Note If your email server supports only POP3, Outlook uses the automatic account setup process to create your profile by using a POP3 account.

1. In Control Panel, click Mail.
  3. On the General tab in the Mail dialog box, click Add.
  4. In the New Profile dialog box, type a new profile name, and then click OK.
  5. In the Add New Account dialog box, type your email account information, and then click Next.
  6. After your account is successfully configured, click Finish.

How to create IMAP or POP3 email accounts that are configured manually

Note Do not follow the steps in this section if you used the steps in the previous section to create your new Outlook profile.

1. In Control Panel, click Mail.
  5. In the Add New Account dialog box, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
  6. In the Choose Service dialog box, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
  7. In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, type your account details.

8. Click Test Account Settings to make sure that you have entered the correct account information.

Note Contact your service provider if you are unsure of the correct account details to enter in this dialog box.

9. Select Existing Outlook Data File, and then click Browse.
  10. In the Open Outlook Data File dialog box, browse to and then select your previously located Outlook data file, and then click OK.
  11. Click Next.
  12. In the Test Account Settings dialog box, click Close.
  13. Click Finish.

How to configure your new Outlook profile as the default profile

After you have created a new Outlook profile, you will probably want to configure this profile as your new default Outlook profile. To do this, follow these steps.

1. On the General tab of the Mail dialog box, select Always use this profile.
  2. Click the drop-down under Always use this profile, and then select your new profile.

Note If you have multiple Outlook profiles and you want to be prompted to select the profile that is used by Outlook, select Prompt for a profile to be used. Otherwise, leave the Always use this profile option enabled.

3. Click OK to close the Mail dialog box.

Please let me know if you need any additional assitance.
Thanks... Looks like that worked...
My pleasure! Have a great week.
darkshadowin
darkshadowin
darkshadowin, Network Administrator