Suryanto
Suryanto, Programmer
Experience:  Programmer, 9 years experience in VBA(Excel, Word, Outlook and Access) programming
48489642

I have created a form in MS Word. One of my drop down box

I have created a form in MS Word. One of my drop down box options need to have the ampersterdam--'&' symbol. After I protect the form the '&' symbol disappears. I must use this symbol and cannot spell out the word and. Is this something that can be done?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Welcome to Justanswer.

I am Suryanto and I will assist you.

Please follow this guide here
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Use_Ampersand_in_Dropdown_Field.htm

Please let me know the progress

If this helps, please click ACCEPT so I am compensated for my time
Bonus and Feedback are highly appreciated

Thank you
Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.

Please let me know if there's more we need to do or something you didn't like about my solution and if this solution solves your issues, please click the ACCEPT.
It's how I get paid for my efforts ( I get nothing for my efforts until customer click Accept )

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not know how to set up macros for the entry and exit

Attachment: 2011-11-08_235500_freightpaymentfileupload_coversheet.p0005903.rev.docx

I have attached the file. The forth item down is "Org Exp". One of the option in the drop down menu is: "Tech-CSI-Apps-Dev-G&A". I need the ampersand sign in the drop down field. The password: GGjs2010.

Can you fix this in the form? That would really help me.

Julie Struble

Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.
Hi Julie,

Ok. I will check and let you know

Thank you
Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.

This is the file
http://wikisend.com/download/477372/sample.rev.doc

Before open the document, please make sure you have enabled macro to run
See guide below to enable macro
http://www.ehow.com/how_7192178_enable-macros-word-2007.html

Please let me know if you have problem or click ACCEPT so I am compensated for my time

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Suryanto,

I did enable the macros as you asked. However, it did not fix the problem. Like before I can see '&' sign in the drop down menu. Once I click on the drop down option, the '&' disappears. It's still not working.

Julie

Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.

Make sure you have enabled all macros to run before open the document

After you select the item, you will see the changes after you press Tab to leave the dropdown box.

graphic
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did. Prior to opening the document I went into Trust center and click on the option to enable macros. Initially I could see the '&' sign but after I save it and reopened it the '&' sign disappeared.
Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.

Please check this file. I have saved the file and the & sign is still there
http://www.wikisend.com/download/130790/sample.rev2a.doc

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok. We are making progress. Now when I open, save adn close this document I can see the '&" option.

Our VP wants to use this form as an on-going basis. If I chose another option from the drop down list, the "&" sign disappears. Is there a way to fix that?

Julie

Expert:  Suryanto replied 5 years ago.
What are the other option ? There are 3 items in the dropdown list and only TECH-CSI-APPS-DEV-G&A has '&' sign in it. And the '&' sign appear now

I think your problem is solved. Please click ACCEPT so I am compensated for my time spent so far

Thank you