Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have an HP625 laptop, with Office 2010 pre-installed, purchased

Customer Question
in France several months ago...
I have an HP625 laptop, with Office 2010 pre-installed, purchased in France several months ago. I did not activate within the recommended 30 days : what must I do to activate it now ? Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/4/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Do you have the Microsoft Office 2010 product key?

Customer:

yes

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Is the product key on the office package/cd disk/ etc?

Customer:

on the office package :about 25 letters and figures

Viet - MS Office Tech :

What happens when you open Microsoft Office Word now?

Customer:

nothing much

Customer:

do you suggest I try now and tell you exactly ?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Yes, please try now

Viet - MS Office Tech :

and let me know.

Customer:

OK

Viet - MS Office Tech :

ok, thanks.

Customer:

comes up showing 'non commercial use

Viet - MS Office Tech :

ok,

Viet - MS Office Tech :

does it ask you to do anything?

Customer:

no

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Does it let you use Word/Excel/etc?

Customer:

yes , but still shows non-commercial use and will not register transferred docs from another HP computer

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Since the Office activation period is over, you can just uninstall it from Start, Control Pane, Programs, Programs and Features (or Add/remove program). Then restart the computer and install the Office package and enter your product key.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Then activate after installing.

Customer:

ok thanks i'll try that

Viet - MS Office Tech :

You're welcome. Thank you.

Viet -MS Office Tech
Microsoft Office Technician: Molinari, MS Office Tech replied 6 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, MS Office Tech
Try this first:

You can access the Office 2007 Activation Wizard in two ways:
  • The Office Activation Wizard appears when you start an Office program that has not been activated.
  • Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Program_Name Options, click Resources, and then click Activate.
You can also access the Office Activation Wizard by
  • Opening an office program
  • Click the file menu, click Help, and see the section under the Microsoft Office logo. If text "Product is not activated" text appears, click Change .
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech