Yes please. Ans also, in the computer casing, there is a disk activity LED that blinks fast when the hard disk is busy.
Please take notice if this LED is blinking fast to indicate disk activity. This means that Setup could have been taking some time to load. Please give it some time and see if the installation proceeds.
If the problem continues, do the Malwarebytes cleanup to ensure that your system is safe and clean: Cleanup with Malwarebytes Antimalware
Please download the FREE version of Malwarebyte from this link: Download FREE Malwarebytes Antimalware Here
If the above link doesn't work, you can download it from the official site. Here is the link: http://malwarebytes.org
Just click the DOWNLOAD NOW button there and you will be redirected to the download page. There you can finally download the installation file for Malwarebytes Antimalware.
After you download it, please install. During the FIRST RUN
, when you are prompted for a TRIAL, you can just DECLINE
. Then let it UPDATE
After the updates are installed, please perform a QUICK SCAN
. Then REMOVE
all malicious files found and restart your computer as part of the removal process.
After the cleanup and the final restart of the computer, please try again and see if the installation works this time.
If not, please disable startup items. To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:
- Click on Start => RUN
- In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
- You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
- Click on the SERVICES tab
- Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
- Then click DISABLE ALL button
- Then click the STARTUP tab
- Then click on DISABLE ALL button
- This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
- Then click APPLY
- Click OK to close the System Configuration window
- Restart your computer.
- When you are prompted with a pop up window regarding the changes you made with the System Configuration Utility, please cancel it or close it.
- Then test if the system is now gaining some speed and if the installation problem is gone.
If the problem still continues, try copying the entire content of the installation DVD and paste them into your My Documents or Desktop. Then run setup from there.