Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi, Im trying to install Office 2007 to an ACER PC that runs

Customer Question
Hi, I'm trying to install...
Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2007 to an ACER PC that runs in windows Vista. When clicking the set up.exe it asks me if I'm OK to run the program then nothing more happens at all. I had a trial version of Windows 2007 which I uninstalled to see if it was that. Any thoughts on how to install, I here Vista is notorious for things like this
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/3/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

1. Are you trying to install MS Office 2007 Trial version?
  2. Or are you trying to install MS Office 2007 from an installation DVD?

it's a full version from a DVD

Thank you for that information.

First, please check if there are still trial version of MS Office installed in your computer. I would recommend that you remove them first.

1. Click Start => Control Panel
  2. Go to Programs and Features
  3. Locate MS Office 2007 there or 2010 Trial
  4. Since you have the FULL version, please uninstall them
  5. Follow the on screen procedures.
  6. Restart the computer when prompted.
  7. After the removal, load the installation DVD and try installing again

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Hi, still the same, just one question on do you know this program then a quick flash of a DOS window then nothing at all
Yes, I know the procedures and the behavior of the MS Office 2007 setup.

Anyhow, were you able to check if there are still MS Office TRIAL versions installed?

Please do the following cleanup procedures to ensure that your system is safe, optimized and registry-error free:

Cleanup with CCleaner

NOTE: If you are using a program named Roboform, please do not proceed with CCleaner cleanup. Roboform Data will be removed by CCleaner.

Please download the FREE version of CCleaner from this link:

Download FREE CCleaner Here or this link http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

After you download the free tool, install it and run the scans and tests. By default, it runs CLEANER to cleanup from all system mess which includes all unwanted files, temporary files, temporary internet files, orphaned files and more. Make sure that all this mess that the Cleaner program has detected is removed. This will free up some space in your hard drive while speeding up your system as well.

Next, run REGISTRY Cleaner and fix the found problems. Run this REGISTRY cleaner several times and fix the issues until no issues will be found.

In order to run the Registry cleanup mode, open CCleaner, then look at the left panel of the CCleaner window. Locate and click the Registry link there and that should give you the Registry cleanup mode. Then click on the Scan for issues button. When the scan reached 100%, click FIX issues to remove the errors from your system. Then click the Scan for issues again then FIX whenever issues are still found. When no issues are found, close CCleaner.

After the cleanup, restart the computer. Then try re-installing MS Office again using the DVD.

Keep me posted.
Jess

The trial version has definatley gone. Just running the registry cleaner now. I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Yes please take your time.

Hi I ran the clean ups as stated then rebooted any we are still in the same situation, nothing happening with the set up apart from one question

Ok. Please open the contents of the DVD. Locate the SETUP.EXE file there. Right click on it, then click on Run as Administrator.

In the UAC pop up, click OK or YES to confirm the action.

See then if the installation will proceed as normal.

Regards,
Jess
Nope exactley the same I'm afraid
When you click on the OK button in answer to the window that pops up, please allow some time and wait to see if the installation process will start.
Sorry just got back to this. I'll click OK and wait 5 mins

Ok left it running for 5 mins and still nothing, any thoughts ?

Yes please. Ans also, in the computer casing, there is a disk activity LED that blinks fast when the hard disk is busy.

Please take notice if this LED is blinking fast to indicate disk activity. This means that Setup could have been taking some time to load. Please give it some time and see if the installation proceeds.

If the problem continues, do the Malwarebytes cleanup to ensure that your system is safe and clean:

Cleanup with Malwarebytes Antimalware

Please download the FREE version of Malwarebyte from this link:

Download FREE Malwarebytes Antimalware Here

If the above link doesn't work, you can download it from the official site. Here is the link:
http://malwarebytes.org

Just click the DOWNLOAD NOW button there and you will be redirected to the download page. There you can finally download the installation file for Malwarebytes Antimalware.

After you download it, please install. During the FIRST RUN, when you are prompted for a TRIAL, you can just DECLINE. Then let it UPDATE.

After the updates are installed, please perform a QUICK SCAN. Then REMOVE all malicious files found and restart your computer as part of the removal process.

After the cleanup and the final restart of the computer, please try again and see if the installation works this time.

If not, please disable startup items. To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:

1. Click on Start => RUN
  2. In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
  3. You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
  4. Click on the SERVICES tab
  5. Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
  6. Then click DISABLE ALL button
  7. Then click the STARTUP tab
  8. Then click on DISABLE ALL button
  9. This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
  10. Then click APPLY
  11. Click OK to close the System Configuration window
  12. Restart your computer.
  13. When you are prompted with a pop up window regarding the changes you made with the System Configuration Utility, please cancel it or close it.
  14. Then test if the system is now gaining some speed and if the installation problem is gone.

If the problem still continues, try copying the entire content of the installation DVD and paste them into your My Documents or Desktop. Then run setup from there.

Regards,
Jess
Hi Ran the new sotfware and is said fixed 100 errors do you want to buy the full version to fix the rest. Software automatically kicked off after install. Any thoughts ?
Did you install Malwarebytes? and follow the cleanup procedures that I gave you? You may have downloaded and installed the wrong software. Please download and install MAlwarebytes from the procedures that I gave you.

Ok that's running now. I need to go out now for an hour or so back later so will check in then.

Thanks so far and hope we get it sorted

Ok so it just stopped and no maicilous files were found at all, should I continue with the other instructions when I get back ?
Yes please. Since Malwarebytes did not find any threats, your system is clean. Please try to proceed with disabling the startup item in "msconfig".

Also, you can try to COPY everything ffom the installation DVD to your local hard drive like in your Desktop or My Documents then launch the installer from there.

Keep me posted.
Jess

Hi i went through the instructions you gave and they didn't install office I'm afraid. When copying the files to the hardrive I did get two more pop up questions, including an option to reinstall office, I clicked on this but then nothing after that. I tried to repeat and get to this stage again but we were back at the old problem, one click then nothing. Anymore advice before I give up on this one ?

Seems weird Microsoft products not working with Microsoft products, uuuurgh.

Thanks Stephen

Are you saying that while you are copying the contents of the CD, you got pop up messages? That was weird. When you copy the contents, it should just copy and not run the files that you are copying.

Please try copying the contents of the DVD again. After copying, remove the DVD from the drive. Then in the copied DVD contents, locate the file named SETUP or SETUP.EXE and double click on it to start the installation.

If the problem persists, please do the SFC Scan to scan your system files for integrity problems. Here are the procedures:

Run the System File Checker

1. Click Start => Programs => Accessories => Locate Command Prompt
  2. When located, right click on it then click Run as administrator
  3. Provide your password XXXXX prompted or click OK in a prompt window
  4. In the black command prompt window, type this command and press the ENTER key after: sfc /scannow (2-word, there is space between c and /)
  5. Let the scan complete and restart your computer after the scan.
  6. After restarting, test if MS Office installs this time.

If the problem continues, please try to create a NEW user account, the current user account that you are using now could be corrupted.

Go to Control Panel => User Accounts. Then create a NEW account of type Administrator. After creating the account, restart the computer. Then login or use the account that you just created. It will take some time to configure.

Then try installing MS Office there.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted.
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Tried everything again and nothing so I came to the conclusion it must be the copy I had. Went and purchased a new copy of office 2010 and this has loaded fine.

Many thanks for all your help. I'm sure my PC is better of with all the clean ups.

Regards

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist