Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

After 2 years with no problem, I can no longer open my Word

Customer Question
Files. I can open Word...
After 2 years with no problem, I can no longer open my Word Files. I can open Word, type something, Save As... But when I try to open the saved file I get the following message "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/28/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Please click on Start, All programs, Microsoft Office..., then right-click on the Microsoft Office Word program (and/or the Word program icon on the Desktop), then click on Properties, and then click on the Compatibility tab and make sure none of the option is checked, then click OK, then check.

If that does not work:
- Windows XP: click on Start, Run, and type winword.exe /r and click OK.
- Windows Vista/7: click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Run, and type winword.exe /r and click OK.

If needed, repair Microsoft Office in Control Panel. If it still does not work, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.
Sorry for the delay, but I had given up on a reply, and then didn't check back. I tried your first options. No success. I don't know what it means to "repair Microsoft Office in Control Panel." I then proceeded to uninstall, and I couldn't believe it - there is no Word in my Microsoft Office 2007 program! (the other parts such as Excell and PowerPoint, etc. are still listed in my programs.) I have the orignal install CD. Please advise what to do next.
P.S. My computer runs Windows 7
Make sure you have tried both:

1. )Please click on Start, All programs, Microsoft Office..., then right-click on the Microsoft Office Word program (and/or the Word program icon on the Desktop), then click on Properties, and then click on the Compatibility tab and make sure none of the option is checked, then click OK, then check.

2.) If that does not work:

If those two suggestions do not work: when you go to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a program (or Add/remove programs), you will see Microsoft Office, then you can select it and then select the change/repair option.

If it still does not work, uninstall Microsoft Office from Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a program (or Add/remove programs), and reinstall Microsoft Office.

Viet -MS Office Tech
Your answer was not helpful. It did not fix the problem, which turned out to be way beyond your expertise. I learned a lesson about what your service is good for and what problems are way beyond your capability.
I'll pay you even though your advise did not work.
OK, if you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you very much.
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech