Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have what looks like a common problem. I have tried many

Customer Question
I have what looks like...
I have what looks like a common problem. I have tried many of the online solutions, including microsoft's.
I have Outlook 2011 and it will not remember the password. I have to enter it every time. I even upgraded from an earlier edition to this one and the same thing happened?
Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/24/2011
Microsoft Office Technician: jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Please make sure all microsoft office programs are closed. Then right click on the shortcut of outlook (either on the desktop or start menu) and select 'Run as administrator' put the account password XXXXX select the check box for remember it and sign in. Now close and re-open outlook and check again.

Reply me with the result.

regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

This did not work.
Exit all programs.
  1. Click Start, type regedit in the start menu search text box , and then Enter.
  2. Locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
  3. On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
  4. Click the registry key for the user who is currently logged on. Then, make sure that the Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.
  5. Click Advanced. Then, verify that the user who is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
  6. Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box.
  7. Click Apply, and then click Yes to continue.
  8. Click Ok two times
  9. Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key. Click the user subkey folder that is directly underneath the
    Protected Storage System Provider
    key, click Delete on the Edit menu, and then click Yes in the warning message dialog box.

10. On the Registry menu, click Exit. Then, restart the computer.
  11. Launch outlook and check again.

Regards
Jins

Did what you said without any problem. It also did not work. Next steps?
Now you need to activate the builtin administrator account of your windows.

First you’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode. Type cmd in the start menu search text box. Then right-click on the cmd listed under programs list and choose “Run as administrator”

image

Now type the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

image

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

image

Click on and login as Administrator.

Now open outlook and configure your account there.

I hope it now remeber your password.

Regards

Jins

This also did not work.
I know you have invested a lot of time.
Please consider either sending me a few things to try or transferring to another expert. If you are able to fix it, I will increase to at least $40, but I would like to get it done today. Thanks, Steve
Okay, please try this also. Make sure all programs are closed. Then click on start button. Type %appdata% in the start menu search text box and press enter.

Then open the folder Roaming
Then open the folder Microsoft
Rename the folder Protect to Protect-Old
Open outlook, enter your username and password XXXXX select the check box for remembering the password. Now close and restart outlook. I hope it is remembering now.

Reply me with the results.

Regards
Jins

This did not work either. However, I could not rename it, rather because it would not allow me to make it read only. Instead, I moved everything out of the file so it was empty.
How about one more try and if that doesn't work, you could pass this on to someone else.
Thanks.
Microsoft Office Technician: James K., Consultant replied 6 years ago
James K., Consultant

Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can i remote onto your Machine and have a look at this issue?

Its Fully Secure and built into the Just Answer System,

Cheers James

James K., Consultant