Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car won't start. All the lights come on but the engine…

The car won't start...

The car won't start. All the lights come on but the engine doesn't start nor will the EV light come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had trouble with the light?

First time

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Mercury?

2010 Premier

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mercury Premier Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I know of

6/25/2022
Mercury Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 month ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the correct answer. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond, I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you. If you prefer to talk versus type, please use the phone call option

Are you working on a Mercury Milan or Mariner?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Milan hybrid

Have had the 12 volt battery checked or tested?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, haven't check it. Wouldn't the EV part work even without the 12 volt working?No haven't checked it. Wouldn't the EV work even if the 12 volt is bad?

The engine will not start if the 12 volt battery is weak or low. The 12 volt battery is used to start the engine. The Hybrid battery is used to move the vehicle in Hybrid mode.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I'll try and jump it

OK.

A. Penland