Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell,
Experience:  Maintenance at Ati Specialty Materials
105664594

Will a gauge cluster from an 82 mustang work in an 82 Capri?

Hi my name is Kurt and I'll try to help you with this issue, the website may ask if you want a call but that is up to you, So they do the same, and if they have the same instruments in them I can't see why not. It's not like these new cars that have BCM's and PCM that have to be releared for everything you do to them , so give it a go.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would have to purchase the mustang gauge cluster so I was kind of hoping for a definitive answer. If that's possible I would appreciate it. Thank you

It seems like I can't prove or disprove it at this point so I'll opt out and I hope someone else can help.

Hello, My name is Keith and i will be assisting you today.

Sorry for the confusion you're having but thanks for giving us a try.

What engine option did both cars have? Also the transmissions. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
5 l engine not sure on transmission. Will there be a way to tell the difference on the gauge cluster ?
No the only difference would be the plug in on the back. The front side of the panels didn’t to my knowledge. So they should be the same on the front.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So is there a definite difference between the pod for an automatic and for a stick shift that would make them not interchangeable?
Yes the connectors are different on the transmission so you would have to change the harness.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay thanks.
No problem. Do you have any other concern? If not please rate me so I can close this conversation. Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Thanks for using JA
Keiphun Sowell,
Experience: Maintenance at Ati Specialty Materials