Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 Mercury Mountaineer fail safety mode comes on when…

Customer Question
My 2005 Mercury Mountaineer...
My 2005 Mercury Mountaineer fail safety mode comes on when AC is being used and is left idling for more than 5 to 10 minutes. Ive had the throttle body replaced and the ecm replaced.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercury
It only does it when using AC and in warm weather when left idling.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Where does this message come on ,middle of dash display?

was ecm used and u programed it or bough a used one to match part #

only does it when ac is turned on and after warms up ?is the head pressure rising at hot temp causing over pressure in lines and the ac high pressure switch is cutting off ac

if u leave it alone and let it cool down ,does message disappear and ac starts working again ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If you cut the engine off, the fail safe mode goes away until the next time you leave the AC on and let it Idle sitting still.

But does need to cool down or if u turn the ac back on again it will do it right away but if u wait to cool it want or make no difference ?

No it does not have to cool off, just cut it off and back on and its gone. But if you use the AC on high and have to slow down, it will do it again.

AT THIS TIME I SUGGEST a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

THESE HAD AC MODULE DASH ISSUE , THE ONE U USE TO CONTROL ,IT IS PROBABLY SHORTING OUT THE COMPUTER

A CAPABLE FORD/ MERCUARY SCANNER CAN READ AC MODULE FAULTS TO CONFIRM , THE BASIC CODE READER U FIND AT LOCAK PARTS STORE WANT BE ABLE TO READ IT

I did that and it came up with like 10 codes, U also took it to a ford dealership and had them put it on the big diagnostic and they said it was the throttle body, that was replaced.
Still same problem

okay , what are the fault codes now ?

u get me what are the fault code left in it i can help u further and be accurate ,for what u told me so far that is as much as i can tell you with out fault codes

and please give me all u done at once so i can give u correct info

I don't have the codes
Sorry for wasting your time.

you might have 10 codes but for what system, engine , abs , ac

usual that many codes are caused by one or 2 faults that causing the rest of faults,what we call collateral faults caused by other faults and will go away after first fault fixed

you did not waist my time just trying to be accurate for u so u r not throwing parts at it

no worries at all sir

if you get faults , u can post them back here for me ,READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician