Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1996 mercury grand no power to the number17 fuse.

Customer Question
I have a 1996...

I have a 1996 mercury grand no power to the number17 fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No none at all I ck the wireing going to the number 17 fuse box no power to the number 17 fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Mercury?

Grand marquie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and do not know where to start there is now power on the wireing going to the number 17 fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry there is no power on the wireing going to the number 17 fuse

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercury
3/28/2018
Mercury Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 3 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Is this in the fuse box under the hood or the dash?

dash
no talk to on here
talk to me

Sorry I was looking up the wire diagram for you.

Just to make sure I fully understand you, you have no power to either side of the fuse correct?

no power to either side
I ck the wiring going to the fuse number 17 and there is now power on the wires

Can you check the 40 amp fuse under the hood marked HTD BACKLIGHT? And also check the relay for the rear window defroster. These two feed power to the fuse you are having a problem with.

ok

If the fuse is not blown, let me know and we can test the power to and from the relay.

ok all fuses are good under the hood
there were 2 40 amp and some 50 amp too

Let me look up the location for the relay. Be right back.

If you are looking at the fuse box under the hood, the relay we need to test will be in the upper right corner, and the fuses will be to the left of the relay. Pull the relay out and see if you have 12 volts to two pins in the fuse box for the relay please.

ok I will be back
all I have is 4 black boxes and one silver relay
the fuses also
I don't have any thing showing what the fuses and relay are for under the hood and under the dash do you have something I can see

The relay you want to check will be in the upper right corner, and all the fuses will be on the left side.

there is nothing working in the dash all of the gauges do not work gas, battery ,volts,heat.
are you standing next to the finder are in frount of the car
the box is on right side
all of the relays have 5 pins
the one silver one has two

Did the relay fix your problem?