Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Mercury Milan sunroof. Will open to vent but then press…

Customer Question
2007 Mercury Milan sunroof...

2007 Mercury Milan sunroof. Will open to vent but then press the switch to close and nothing happens. Sometime later press the switch and it closes. Open and close the sunroof fine, then stops again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Milan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just bought it used and the small dealer looked at it and said it's fixed. Next not so much. I am trying to decide whether there is anything I can do myself or do I need to take it to a ford dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's sums it up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Mercury Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 3 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Does this act up only when it is fully opened or just partially opened or in the vent position?

far just the vent position

The problem could be the motor which is a module, which is a module itself.

Try this below. It is called the Roof Opening Panel Motor Initialization.