Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Accident victim...harness cut behind left headlight.

Accident victim...harness cut behind...

Accident victim...harness cut behind left headlight. Repaired harness, won't crank, bypass starter relay, cranks but no spark or fuel pressure so no start. Tested all normal items, replaced pcm, removed aftermarket system. HELP !!! Can you please point me in any direction?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Fuses and relays yes, bulbs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

05 G Marq unlimited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm trying to get it running for a customer. Tried everything listed above.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

3/22/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you good with wire diagrams, wire testing the repair?

Will the PCM communicate with a scan tool?

Key on, is the check engine light on, and the theft light off?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Key on, no com to scanner, theft light is off.

Is the check engine light on with the key on?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No, just oil and seat belt lights

OKay so first off we need to do a communication test shown here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5kysaedatkbtnh/marqPCM.pdf?dl=0

Then a test to see if all PCM powers and grounds are good with this diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwoydptep475hu3/marqEP.pdf?dl=0

Once that is done all may be good but unknown till this first hurdle.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Battery about dead on my phone. Will charge and test car tomorrow then let you know.

Sounds good to me.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sorry Moose, this is a " filler" vehicle. I was super busy today and wasn't able to get back to it. Will try again Monday and let you know.

Thanks

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi moose, just getting back to the G Marq. The links for the com test have been terminated so could you please send them again. Thanks

The links had expired because this post times out tomorrow from not being rated in the first 7 days. It happened a day early. They are back active.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the links to the store with had incorrect wiring colors to test. The resistance values were good on the one test. No power through the trans switch at pcm, unable to test power at trans switch.

Which test number has the incorrect wire colors?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
At the trans switch is supposed to be a red/yellow power wire. No red/yellow there.

I sent tests B1-3. None of them mention the TR sensor, nor a red/yellow wire. I do not know what test I sent you are referring to. Here is the TR sensor wire diagram.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpxp8qdng826co8/05gm.png?dl=0

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician