Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 mercury sable an for some reason the anti

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 mercury sable an for some reason the anti theft light came on an the car wont start it seem like it trys to start but it wont. I have disconnected the cables from the battery an then let it sit for 10 min an then placed the cables back on to see if it will start but it still wont.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

How do I reset the computer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself or should I say my boyfriend is trying to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that is the only problem I ran into with my mercury at the time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercury
3/11/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Amedee, Mercury Technician replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Mercury Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked all of the fuses on board the vehicle?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?