Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently had my driver side door open on my grand marquis…

Customer Question
I recently had my...

I recently had my driver side door open on my grand marquis cause it was stuck. I back my car up and messed up the driver side door. I have another grand marquis in the yard. It has the key pad on the door. The car im driving doesn't. I was wondering if i could still use that door?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

I dont know. We don't drive that car I use it for parts.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Grand Marquis?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I do want to fix it myself I had a Grand Marquis in my yard the problem is that Grand Marquis has the keypad the car that I'm driving now does not so I was wondering can I still use that door even though it has the keypad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercury
3/9/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Yes, you can use the replacement door, there will just be no wiring to plug up to the keypad so you can use it. The rest of the door will be and work the same.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris