Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The air bag light in my will not ligt. I ,t know where it…

The air bag light...

The air bag light in my will not ligt

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

I don,t know where it is. i went to get a state inspection and the car was rejected because of the light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 mercury milan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Milan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried yet. did not know where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this car under a recall

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN#?
Is the Air Bag light on while driving?

in# *****
no it will not come on at all

You do have a recall on the passenger side air bag inflator. See the OASIS printout link below. But that will not effect the air bag light.

You will need to have the RCM (Restraint Control Module() tested for trouble codes along with the instrument cluster. Get those trouble codes and post them on this page.

A problem electrically with the RCM or the instrument cluster can cause this problem.

A. Penland