Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im needing to get my van inspected, it fails and the print…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Im needing...

Second opinion] Im needing to get my van inspected, it fails and the print out says PO325 and po120 are malfunctioned. Could i possibly do this job myself?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

1999 villager

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Villager yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to understand what I need to do to get the check engine light to stay off long enough to get it inspected

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercury
3/7/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Dave Hopkins, Mercury Technician replied 5 months ago
Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Mercury Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...the P0120 code is for the TP sensor... Throttle Position Sensor....that is a common failure on the Villager....It requires a scan tool that can read live data when replacing it because it has to be adjusted for proper operation. The P0325 is for the Knock Sensor, which is located under the Intake Manifold. This repair is a bit more in depth. Replacing both will turn off the check engine light, but if you only clear the codes to try to get through inspection the light will come right back on
Are you still in need of assistance? If so please continue to ask questions...if not, please rate my answer to your question.... I only get credit for helping you when you rate my answer....if you are not satisfied with my answer or if you require any further information please continue to ask questions.