Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wont start because of antitheft system. All that is

Wont start because of...

Wont start because of antitheft system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes, all that is perfectly fine, brand new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

I have 2 electronics-included keys but no FOB.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercury?

2002 Mercury Sable.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Various procesu

2/16/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached 2 docs for you to review and try. Either should work unless there is a fault with the security system. At that time, a scan tool would be needed to assist in finding the problem.

Please provide me with your contact information just in case something
happens to this link. I want to still be able to assist you.
Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Here they are.

I thought I was pretty clear that this is an ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM ISSUE!!!!!
Everything is in perfect working condition!!!!!!!!
Tell me how to diable the PATS, please. Thank you.

You can't disable a security system, iy's parts of the body module. I gave you 2 reset procedures to follow to reset it. I though I was pretty CLEAR about that. Do you want help or not sir? I'm not here to argue.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time? If not, please go ahead and rate me 5 stars and keep our link.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor