Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 grand marques and my fuel injectors are not…

Customer Question
Ok I have a...

Ok I have a 2001 grand marques and my fuel injectors are not posting

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not at all it starts fine once I get it running and then I turn it off I have to wait awhile like 8 hours to start it back up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis I believe this fuel injection is a new problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have switched the relays to the ECM and replace the camshaft position sensor and I have sprayed starting fluid inside the intake

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

One of my hot wires has touched my engine and there were Spark

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercury
2/12/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Will the engine start on the starting fluid at all? If not then I'd check that you're getting 12V to ignition coils and the PCM with a voltmeter - when the ignition is turned on

its possible that the PCM has been damaged by the shorting out though so if the injectors aren't pulsing ( do they click when the engine is cranked?) and you've already replaced the cam sensor I'd say to check the condition / replace the crank sensor too thats

on the left side of the engine block, approximately 6-inches above the oil pan.

if this doesn't help then I'd send the PCM off for testing

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

http://www.autoecu.com/

http://www.ecudoctors.com/

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt